5.21.2004

[Omitting heading to avoid redundancy...]

Right. I think I have possibly had enough of the "Feeling", "Listening to", and "Tasting" information. Maybe I'll revive it later, but all I've gotten for it is teasing (Larry) for my New-York-Times-style headings, so it is gone for now.

Now, on to more fun things:

I saw a duck in the subway today!! It was really, really cute. This girl was holding it, wrapped in a blanket, and it's so much cuter and fluffier than one would imagine ducks to be. It looked something like this, and it occurred to me that maybe we could have a duck for a pet instead of a dog, which is what my sister wants (the dog, that is), and which we're not allowed to have in the building. But then I went online and found out that most people keep ducks in their backyards, and that while there are people that keep ducks in apartments, it tends to be complicated: you need to have a constantly clean pool of water for them, and it tends to be difficult... so, no duck for me :-(

But, yes-- only in New York would you see a duck on the subway. And an even stranger part was that aside from my mom and me-- we were shamelessly staring at the duck and the girl holding it-- there was only one other girl that expressed any sort of interest in it. Everyone else just sat there, not even looking, as if they see ducks commuting to work every day.

Well, that's it for today, except for the following (unrelated) quote, a part of which I found when I was taking a typing test here (it's a cool site -- check it out!), and the rest of which I found here:

If for every rule there is an exception, then we have established that there is an exception to every rule.
If we accept "For every rule there is an exception" as a rule, then we must concede that there may not be an exception after all, since the rule states that there is always the possibility of exception, and if we follow it to its logical end we must agree that there can be an exception to the rule that for every rule there is an exception.


So that's it for now... Email me!

Natalie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home